Automobile Insurance at Wilson H. Flock Inc Independent Insurance Agency in Wyoming, Pennsylvania

Auto Insurance

Auto Insurance isn't just a good thing to have to protect you financially in the case of an accident - in Pennsylvania it's required.

All of the Insurance companies we represent provide a wide range of auto Insurance products at a fair price. Your price gets even better if you qualify for any of our available discounts. When applying for auto Insurance, you're usually asked whether you want collision and/or comprehensive coverage, how high you want your deductible to be, what liability limits you want, and whether you want any types of optional coverage.

Make sure you understand what these terms mean and how much coverage is right for you.

•Standard and Preferred auto Insurance
•High Risk auto Insurance
•Classic autos / High Valued autos
•Discounts that are available
•Recreational vehicles

Coverage options:

Collision and comprehensive (other than collision) coverages:

Collision and Comprehensive (other than collision) coverages pay for damage to your automobile. You can purchase these coverages for each vehicle you own.Unless you have an auto loan, you can elect to purchase just comprehensive coverage. If you have an auto loan you may be required to purchase both.

• Collision coverage insures you against damage to your vehicle caused by colliding with another object or if you sustain damage from a hit/run driver.
• Comprehensive (other than collision) coverage insures you against all other physical damage to your car caused by such events as fire, theft, flood, glass breakage, striking an animal and vandalism.
Collision and comprehensive (other than collision) coverage usually includes a deductible, which can range from $100 to $1,000. If your car is damaged, the Insurance company pays only for the damage in excess of the deductible you selected. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium.

Liability coverage

Liability coverage pays for injuries you cause to other people and damage you cause to other people's property when you are at fault in an automobile accident.

Tort Options: 

Limited Tort restricts your right to sue for pain & suffering except in the case of serious injury, injury caused by a drunk driver or by an out of state driver.You may still sue for out of pocket expenses for medical or wage loss. Limited tort is less expensive than full tort.
Full Tort does not restrict your right to sue for pain & suffering and carries a higher premium that limited tort. 

First Party Benefits

Pennsylvania requires Personal Injury Protection, which is also known as No-Fault coverage. The coverages available pay for medical and rehabilitative expenses, lost wages if you are unable to work as a result of an accident, funeral expenses and a death benefit and extraordinary medical expenses which will pay extraordinary medical costs after the medical expenses reach $100,000. The only coverage required by law is medical expense at a minimum limit of $5,000. The other coverages are elective. This coverage pays , up to the chosen limit , regardless of who is at fault in the accident. 

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage

This coverage pays if you are injured by a person who is completely uninsured or doesn't have enough liability Insurance to cover your injuries. It also covers you if you are in an accident with a hit-and-run driver. This coverage can be stacked ,which means it is multiplied by the number of vehicles in your household. It also follows the tort option chosen. It is an optional coverage.

Optional or special coverage includes extras such as towing, rental reimbursement, and roadside assistance. None of these coverages are required.

How much do I need?

Choosing the appropriate level of auto Insurance coverage depends on a number of factors, including assets you must protect (liability coverage), value of your vehicle (collision and comprehensive), the amount of money you can afford to pay out-of-pocket (deductibles), and your tolerance for risk.